Farewell MacWEEK, Welcome e/media Weekly -- Mac Publishing announced that as of the 24-Aug-98 issue, MacWEEK will change its name to e/media Weekly (or Emedia Weekly, or EMedia Weekly, depending on the source you read). The 11-year-old magazine's new tag line will be "The Newsweekly for Digital Media Managers;" the title change is the final step in a shift to focus on digital media professionals, regardless of platform. e/media Weekly will keep its controlled circulation at 85,000 readers, 70 percent of whom reportedly work in multi-platform environments. According to a report from Matthew Rothenberg, director of online content for Mac Publishing, MacWEEK Online will remain in operation. [ACE]
Boost Netflix Volume
Is your streamed movie in Netflix too quiet to hear without straining? In Boom, click the Mac Volume button, then enable the Boom Volume slider and move it all the way to the right to increase your Mac's system volume.
Visit Global Delight
Other articles in the series Change the Presses!
- Macworld Returns to IDG (15 Oct 01)
- MacWEEK to Roll into MacCentral (05 Mar 01)
- Mac Publishing Buys MacCentral (07 Jun 99)
- eMediaweekly Folds After Five Months (08 Feb 99)
- Magazine Mergers, Media, and Advertising, Continued... (25 Aug 97)
- Magazine Merger Redux (18 Aug 97)
- MacUser and Macworld Merge (11 Aug 97)
Published in TidBITS 430.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Antitrust Lawsuits Filed Against Microsoft
- Internet Explorer 4.01: Faster, More Stable
- New Photoshop 5 Learns to Edit Type
- CyberStudio 3 Goes Live
- Apple Logo Losing Its Colors
- AutoShare 2.3 Released
- Crossed Chips and Cables
- Apple Revises QuickTime 3 Licensing
- Look Different: Excellence in Apple Design
- Mac OS X: Rhapsody a Mac Developer Could Love
Farewell MacWEEK, Welcome e/media Weekly
to your own drives, computers, and online with unlimited storage.
With unlimited online backup, this is one resolution you can keep.
Save 10% and back up your life today! <http://tid.bl.it/cptidbits>