Crossed Chips and Cables -- In TidBITS-429, the excitement of new PowerBooks and a forthcoming PalmPilot MacPac caused Managing Editor Jeff Carlson's personal wires to suffer a temporary short. It had been reported by many sources that the low-end processor for the PowerBook G3 series is a PowerPC 740 (See "Apple Hardware Strategy: Alluring PowerBooks and iMac"). In fact, Apple's Developer Note released last week confirms that all of the PowerBook models are running on the PowerPC 750 chip; the 233 MHz version's main difference is that it lacks a backside cache. As for the PalmPilot gaffe (see "Claris Organizer Reincarnated as PalmPilot MacPac"), several readers pointed out that the adapter offered in the MacPac enables you to connect to a Macintosh's serial port, not the ADB port. [JLC]
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Published in TidBITS 430.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Antitrust Lawsuits Filed Against Microsoft
- Farewell MacWEEK, Welcome e/media Weekly
- Internet Explorer 4.01: Faster, More Stable
- New Photoshop 5 Learns to Edit Type
- CyberStudio 3 Goes Live
- Apple Logo Losing Its Colors
- AutoShare 2.3 Released
- Apple Revises QuickTime 3 Licensing
- Look Different: Excellence in Apple Design
- Mac OS X: Rhapsody a Mac Developer Could Love