Mailsmith 1.0.1 More Polished -- With the release of version 1.0.1, Bare Bones Software has applied a bit of polish to Mailsmith, the company's new email client program (see "Mailsmith Emerges from the Forge" in TidBITS-428). Important enhancements include easier creation of nested mailboxes, improved query progress behavior, better performance on PowerPC-based Macs using virtual memory, additional functionality in the Simple Query dialog box, and the capability to create "check only" and "send only" email accounts. Bare Bones has added other enhancements and fixed a number of bugs reported since the 1.0 release; full release notes list the changes. The update to Mailsmith 1.0.1 is either a 2.2 MB (BinHex) or 1.6 MB (MacBinary) download; the free 30-day demo has also been updated to 1.0.1. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Mailsmith Emerges from the Forge (04 May 98)