New Installer Versions Arrive -- Aladdin Systems and MindVision Software have released new versions of their popular installer programs. New features in Aladdin's InstallerMaker 5.0 include hierarchical packages, the capability to download and install files from the Web, and the capability to apply settings directly to items within folders in the installer archive. MindVision's Installer VISE 5.5 adds package dependencies, onscreen archive reports, compatibility with the upcoming Mac OS 8.5, and improved automation when updating the installer archive. Although both of these products are primarily aimed at developers, they also work well for anyone needing to distribute a customized set of software within an organization. Licensing terms for commercial use vary widely, but both companies offer special licensing terms to qualifying freeware and shareware authors: Aladdin's Just StuffIt Developers Program and MindVision's free Installer VISE license. You can download evaluation copies of both InstallerMaker 5.0 (5.3 MB MacBinary or 6.4 MB BinHex downloads) and Installer VISE 5.5 (1.2 MB Active Installer or 8.2 MB normal installer download). [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software