TidBITS Staff at Macworld Expo NY -- As just about everyone knows by now, Macworld Expo will take place in New York City this week. Since we're far too virtual of an operation to have a booth, the best way to see us will be to come to one of our scheduled events. Several TidBITS staff members should be at the Netter's Dinner at 6 PM on Wednesday, 08-Jul-98. Then, at 10 AM on Thursday, 09-Jul-98, Adam will be signing copies of his Eudora Visual QuickStart Guide at the Peachpit Press booth (#1645). For those paying extra to attend the conferences, Adam will participate in the Building a Mac-centric Intranet panel at 11 AM on Wednesday, 08-Jul-98 and moderate the Innovations in Email panel at 10 AM on Friday, 10-Jul-98. See you there! [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.