The organizers of this year's Macworld Expo seem to believe an old saying about New York City: it's a great place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there. In an announcement 09-Jul-98, IDG Expo Management Co. revealed that the east coast venue of the event will return to Boston's World Trade Center/Seaport Hotel Complex next year between 04-Aug-99 to 06-Aug-99. This year's New York Expo, dubbed "the Creative World," was initially aimed at attracting more creative professionals. Representatives of IDG Expo Management say they expect to pair that focus with Apple's renewed appeal in the consumer arena (embodied in the flashy presence of the iMac) at the Boston event. This year's New York Expo also disappointed some attendees with a small show floor featuring comparatively few vendors, in part due to high exhibition costs.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.