Maxum Moves to Plug NetCloak Security Hole -- Maxum Development has released an interim "final candidate" version of NetCloak 2.5.4, its server-side tool for creating dynamic Web content. Version 2.5.4 fixes a serious security problem in previous versions of NetCloak, and Maxum recommends that all NetCloak users with secure content on their Web servers upgrade to version 2.5.4 as soon as possible. Maxum is not identifying the security problem in order to prevent hackers from using it against sites that haven't installed the 2.5.4 update, and Maxum expects to release a fully tested release version of NetCloak 2.5.4 shortly. The update can be obtained by filling out a form at Maxum's Web site. [GD]
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
Published in TidBITS 439.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Racks Up $101 Million Profit
- OLE Security Patch for Mac Office 98
- Free RAM Doubler 8 Update
- Griffin iMates USB and ADB
- Keep It Up More Often
- AutoShare 2.4 Released
- Tenon Revs Up WebTen 2.1
- Disk Copy 6.3 Adds and Improves Features
- Newer Present at Macworld
- TidBITS Sues Spammer
- Closing the Book on Visual Page
- The Battle of the Bouncers, Part 1