Maxum Moves to Plug NetCloak Security Hole -- Maxum Development has released an interim "final candidate" version of NetCloak 2.5.4, its server-side tool for creating dynamic Web content. Version 2.5.4 fixes a serious security problem in previous versions of NetCloak, and Maxum recommends that all NetCloak users with secure content on their Web servers upgrade to version 2.5.4 as soon as possible. Maxum is not identifying the security problem in order to prevent hackers from using it against sites that haven't installed the 2.5.4 update, and Maxum expects to release a fully tested release version of NetCloak 2.5.4 shortly. The update can be obtained by filling out a form at Maxum's Web site. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the TidBITS Content Network for Apple consultants.
Published in TidBITS 439.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Racks Up $101 Million Profit
- OLE Security Patch for Mac Office 98
- Free RAM Doubler 8 Update
- Griffin iMates USB and ADB
- Keep It Up More Often
- AutoShare 2.4 Released
- Tenon Revs Up WebTen 2.1
- Disk Copy 6.3 Adds and Improves Features
- Newer Present at Macworld
- TidBITS Sues Spammer
- Closing the Book on Visual Page
- The Battle of the Bouncers, Part 1