Keep It Up More Often -- Karl Pottie has released Keep It Up 1.4.1, a minor bug fix for his useful application monitoring utility. Keep It Up watches selected applications and relaunches them if they quit or crash. After a user-specified number of attempts to relaunch an application, Keep It Up can restart the Mac. Other features include the capability to open specified documents on application launch, perform scheduled restarts, and keep one application frontmost at all times. Keep It Up is $22 shareware and is a 186K download. [ACE]
Access OpenType Font Features
OpenType fonts (.otf) often have special features, such as swashes and alternate characters, that are accessible in any app that uses the OS X font panel, including Pages and TextEdit. To access them, type and select your text, press Command-T to open the font panel, and then choose Typography from the Actions pop-up menu. That shows the Typography panel, where you can toggle available options for the font and characters you've selected.
Published in TidBITS 439.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Racks Up $101 Million Profit
- OLE Security Patch for Mac Office 98
- Free RAM Doubler 8 Update
- Maxum Moves to Plug NetCloak Security Hole
- Griffin iMates USB and ADB
- AutoShare 2.4 Released
- Tenon Revs Up WebTen 2.1
- Disk Copy 6.3 Adds and Improves Features
- Newer Present at Macworld
- TidBITS Sues Spammer
- Closing the Book on Visual Page
- The Battle of the Bouncers, Part 1