Keep It Up More Often -- Karl Pottie has released Keep It Up 1.4.1, a minor bug fix for his useful application monitoring utility. Keep It Up watches selected applications and relaunches them if they quit or crash. After a user-specified number of attempts to relaunch an application, Keep It Up can restart the Mac. Other features include the capability to open specified documents on application launch, perform scheduled restarts, and keep one application frontmost at all times. Keep It Up is $22 shareware and is a 186K download. [ACE]
Always Show Recipient In iChat
In iChat under Snow Leopard, choosing View > Always Show Recipient Bar puts a buddy's status message and color at the top of any iChat window. It can also be used to select among multiple open iChat logins you have to send a message to that buddy, or to select among multiple accounts you have registered in Address Book for that buddy.
Published in TidBITS 439.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Racks Up $101 Million Profit
- OLE Security Patch for Mac Office 98
- Free RAM Doubler 8 Update
- Maxum Moves to Plug NetCloak Security Hole
- Griffin iMates USB and ADB
- AutoShare 2.4 Released
- Tenon Revs Up WebTen 2.1
- Disk Copy 6.3 Adds and Improves Features
- Newer Present at Macworld
- TidBITS Sues Spammer
- Closing the Book on Visual Page
- The Battle of the Bouncers, Part 1