Tenon Revs Up WebTen 2.1 -- Last week, Tenon Intersystems released WebTen 2.1, a high-performance, Apache-based, Macintosh Web server, which also includes DNS, multihoming FTP, NFS, and SSL 3.0. WebTen is based on Tenon technology that essentially wraps Unix applications in a shell that turns them into Macintosh applications while retaining excellent performance and features. WebTen 2.1 builds in the latest code for Apache 1.2.6, domain name service based on BIND 8.1.2, caching software based on Squid 1.1.20, Perl 5.004_4, and updated documentation. Tenon also announced the availability of a version of the popular Unix ht://Dig search engine for WebTen, plus a deal on the automatic server monitoring and restart device MacCoach 2.0 from Neuron Data Systems. MacCoach 2.0 normally retails for $99, but for a limited time is available for WebTen customers from Tenon for $55. Prices for WebTen vary from $350 sidegrades to $495 for a CD and printed documentation; Tenon also offers educational and government discounts. [ACE]
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
Published in TidBITS 439.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Racks Up $101 Million Profit
- OLE Security Patch for Mac Office 98
- Free RAM Doubler 8 Update
- Maxum Moves to Plug NetCloak Security Hole
- Griffin iMates USB and ADB
- Keep It Up More Often
- AutoShare 2.4 Released
- Disk Copy 6.3 Adds and Improves Features
- Newer Present at Macworld
- TidBITS Sues Spammer
- Closing the Book on Visual Page
- The Battle of the Bouncers, Part 1