Oops, we biffed it back in "Macworld Expo NYC Superlatives" in TidBITS 438. We wrote that Casady & Greene's Conflict Catcher 8.0 will cost $79.95 when it ships in early September and will include a $30 rebate. That's true, but the rebate, good through 01-Jan-99, applies only for previous owners of Conflict Catcher - essentially providing a discount for those who upgrade. Our apologies for any confusion.
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Macworld Expo NYC Superlatives (13 Jul 98)