Chinese Mailing List Available -- Thanks to renewed efforts on the part of our Chinese translation team, a separate mailing list is now available for people who want to receive TidBITS via email in Chinese, using the Big-5 character encoding standard. To subscribe, send email to <email@example.com>, and please tell friends who might like reading TidBITS in Chinese. (Chinese versions of TidBITS are also available via the Web.) As always, our thanks to the Chinese translation team along with all the polyglot folks who translate TidBITS into other languages for their outstanding work and for making TidBITS available to a much wider audience. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software