Now Utilities Powers On -- Qualcomm announced that it is selling Now Utilities to Power On Software, creators of ACTION Files. Like Now Super Boomerang, Action FILES enhances file access within Open and Save dialog boxes (see "Get a Piece of the ACTION Files" in TidBITS-434). Power On will continue to sell and provide support for Now Utilities, and it's likely that components of Now Utilities will be rolled into Power On's upcoming ACTION Utilities. Owners of Now Super Boomerang, which hasn't been updated to work under Mac OS 8, will be directed to ACTION Files. Terms of the purchase were not disclosed. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Get a Piece of the ACTION Files (15 Jun 98)