Now Utilities Powers On -- Qualcomm announced that it is selling Now Utilities to Power On Software, creators of ACTION Files. Like Now Super Boomerang, Action FILES enhances file access within Open and Save dialog boxes (see "Get a Piece of the ACTION Files" in TidBITS-434). Power On will continue to sell and provide support for Now Utilities, and it's likely that components of Now Utilities will be rolled into Power On's upcoming ACTION Utilities. Owners of Now Super Boomerang, which hasn't been updated to work under Mac OS 8, will be directed to ACTION Files. Terms of the purchase were not disclosed. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Get a Piece of the ACTION Files (15 Jun 98)