LetterRip Pro 3.0.2 Released -- Fog City Software has released a free update to LetterRip Pro, their simple yet high-performance mailing list management software. Version 3.0.2 fixes a few bugs and makes several changes, including eliminating more auto-responses via the Mailer Daemon Strings file, identifying outgoing files in the log, and fixing a problem with the fuzzy domain logic that caused LetterRip to think that two similar addresses were identical. Fog City recommends that all LetterRip Pro users upgrade to the new version, which is either a 3.1 MB download for the full installer or a 381K download for an updater (only the LetterRip Pro Server has changed). [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree