Another Registry for Stolen Computers -- Rob Jorgensen wrote to inform us of another database where you can register stolen machines or check serial numbers on used machines you're considering buying. The American Computer Exchange Database of Stolen Computers appears to work similarly to O'Grady's Stolen PowerBook Registry mentioned in "Ripped Off!" in TidBITS-442. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Ripped Off! (10 Aug 98)