Of iMacs and StyleWriters -- Last week's "iMac Connection Guide" (see TidBITS-444) will require updates, and the first comes from Farallon, who introduced the EtherMac iPrint Adapter SL. This model of the iPrint connects serial-based StyleWriter printers without LocalTalk support to the iMac's 10Base-T Ethernet port. Like Farallon's solution for LocalTalk printers, the now-shipping EtherMac iPrint Adapter LT, the SL version of the iPrint will cost $99, and Farallon expects to ship it in September of 1998. [ACE]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
How Loud Are Your Mac's Fans?
When they get hot, Macs turn on various internal fans to keep components cool. The noise can be annoying, but just how loud is it? If you have an iOS device with a built-in microphone, you can download one of many free sound meter apps (search on
decibel in the App Store) and see if you're subjecting your ears to a truly unreasonable noise level.
- iMac Connection Guide (24 Aug 98)