More USB Support from Keyspan -- Keyspan has announced the expansion of its USB product line with the addition of a USB hub and a USB serial adapter. USB hubs enable iMac users to attach more USB devices to their iMacs - although the iMac has two USB ports, one must be used by the keyboard and mouse, and daisy-chaining too many USB devices can cause problems. The Keyspan USB hub will provide four additional USB ports for a list price of $69 in late September of 1998. Keyspan's USB serial adapter, which is scheduled to ship in October of 1998 for a list price of $79, makes it possible for iMac users to connect serial devices like graphics tablets, PalmPilots, and some printers. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software