Casady & Greene today released a free update to Conflict Catcher 8.0, adding full Mac OS 8.5 compatibility. The previous version, 8.0.1, added partial information for performing a Clean-Install System Merge with Mac OS 8.5; the new Conflict Catcher 8.0.2 completes the feature in anticipation of Apple's new operating system later this month. The 8.0.2 update also includes support for more monitor types, along with additional descriptions of startup files. For more information about Conflict Catcher 8, see "Nice Catch, Conflict Catcher" in TidBITS 446. The 8.0.2 updater is a 1.8 MB download.
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Nice Catch, Conflict Catcher (14 Sep 98)