Web Confidential 1.1 Update Released -- Alco Blom has released Web Confidential 1.1, the latest version of his utility for securely storing passwords and other confidential information (see "Web Confidential: Securing Information of All Sorts" in TidBITS-441). Changes include support for Mac OS 8.5's Navigation Services and Theme Fonts, plus a useful option to close your documents automatically after several minutes of inactivity to prevent snoopers. Other minor features include Copy Card and Paste Card commands for moving cards between categories, an Export To Text command, drag & drop support for adding text to cards, support for Internet Config's screen font setting, and better support for Netscape Communicator 4.5. Web Confidential 1.1 is $25 shareware and is a 460K download. Upgrades are free to registered users. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.