Web Confidential 1.1 Update Released -- Alco Blom has released Web Confidential 1.1, the latest version of his utility for securely storing passwords and other confidential information (see "Web Confidential: Securing Information of All Sorts" in TidBITS-441). Changes include support for Mac OS 8.5's Navigation Services and Theme Fonts, plus a useful option to close your documents automatically after several minutes of inactivity to prevent snoopers. Other minor features include Copy Card and Paste Card commands for moving cards between categories, an Export To Text command, drag & drop support for adding text to cards, support for Internet Config's screen font setting, and better support for Netscape Communicator 4.5. Web Confidential 1.1 is $25 shareware and is a 460K download. Upgrades are free to registered users. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree