Macromedia is now shipping Dreamweaver 2.0, an update of its Web authoring package. The new version adds several features that Web designers will appreciate, such contextual menus for manipulating table and cell attributes, a graphical map for visual site management, support for XML (Extensible Markup Language), and an eyedropper tool that can select colors from anywhere on the desktop and then shift to the nearest Web-safe color. Dreamweaver 2.0 also includes Dream Templates, which enable designers to easily change content within a locked page design. For text-level HTML editing, Dreamweaver ships with Bare Bones Software's BBEdit 5.0 (see "HTML Enhancements Highlight BBEdit 5.0" in TidBITS 454). Dreamweaver 2.0 requires a Power Macintosh running System 7.5.5 or higher and 24 MB of RAM, and retails for $300. Owners of Dreamweaver 1.2 can upgrade for $130, or pay $99 for an electronic-only upgrade.
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- HTML Enhancements Highlight BBEdit 5.0 (09 Nov 98)
New Dreamweaver Adds Features and Templates
need, with more than one hundred new features! The leading
professional HTML and text editor for the Mac keeps getting better!
Download the demo and see for yourself! <http://barebones.com/>