Casady & Greene has released a free Conflict Catcher 8.0.4 update which adds support for performing a Clean-Install System Merge under Mac OS 8.5.1, includes Base and All extension sets for Mac OS 8.5.1 (which could be lost using previous versions of Conflict Catcher), and updates the reference library with additional file descriptions (including Sherlock plug-ins). (See "Nice Catch, Conflict Catcher" in TidBITS 446 for an overview of Conflict Catcher 8.) You can download the 1.9 MB update from Casady & Greene's Web site.
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Nice Catch, Conflict Catcher (14 Sep 98)