Thirteenth Annual Macworld SF Netters Dinner -- Mark your calendars if you're going to Macworld Expo in San Francisco this week. The tireless Jon Pugh is organizing the 13th Annual Netters Dinner in the traditional style, which means it will be held at the Hunan on Sansome and Broadway on Thursday, 07-Jan-99. The cost is $17, payable only through a Kagi-based signup form linked on Jon's Netters Dinner Web page. Jon plans to attend this year to perform the ritual domain survey, so we'll all look (and listen) for him starting at 6:00 PM at the top of the escalators inside Moscone on the south side of Howard Street. After everyone has gathered, we'll make the traditional walk to the Hunan en masse. See you there! [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree