Extensis Rescuing Suitcase -- Extensis Corporation has announced an exclusive agreement with Symantec to take over development, distribution, and marketing of Suitcase, the venerable font management tool for the Mac. (See "Font Outfitters" in TidBITS-334 for a comparison of Suitcase 3.0 and MasterJuggler Pro 2.0.) Symantec originally acquired Suitcase with Fifth Generation Systems in 1993. Under Symantec's management, Suitcase saw one major update to version 3.0 but has otherwise been ignored. With this agreement, Suitcase may become one of the only products to escape Symantec's gravity well. During the second quarter of 1999, Extensis plans to release its first update to Suitcase, which hopefully will resolve widely reported problems using Suitcase 3.0 with Mac OS 8.5. Neither Extensis nor Symantec have disclosed financial details of the agreement. [GD]
Full Screen Quick Look in Snow Leopard
When viewing files in the Finder in Snow Leopard, instead of pressing just the Space bar to enter Quick Look, press Option-Space to display the selected document in full-screen Quick Look, expanding the preview and hiding everything else that would otherwise remain visible.
Published in TidBITS 466.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Norton Utilities for Macintosh Updated to 4.0.3
- PowerBook Patch Prevents Power Pops
- Virtual PC 2.1.2 Adds USB Support
- Aladdin Ships Faster StuffIt Expander 5.1
- Connectix Wins First Round of Sony Lawsuit
- KeyQuencer 2.5.5 Offers Mac OS 8.5 Compatibility
- eMediaweekly Folds After Five Months
- Tools We Use: Desktop Resetter
- Elementary, My Dear Sherlock