PowerBook Patch Prevents Power Pops -- Apple has released the PowerBook G3 Series Modem Extension 1.0.2, which fixes a handful of annoyances related to turning the PowerBook G3's built-in 56K modem on or off. When the computer is put to sleep, power is immediately turned off to avoid draining the battery. Also, the sound monitor source is toggled to None when turning the modem on or off to prevent a popping sound. The update is a 190K self-mounting disk image. [JLC]
Track Changes Dates Reset on Save As in Word 2008
If you regularly use the Save As feature to create new drafts while working in Word 2008, you might notice that with Track Changes enabled, previously time-stamped comments and edits have their times reset to the Save As date and time. Work around this by sticking with your original file, but using Save As (or just File > Duplicate in the Finder) to make backup copies.
Published in TidBITS 466.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Norton Utilities for Macintosh Updated to 4.0.3
- Extensis Rescuing Suitcase
- Virtual PC 2.1.2 Adds USB Support
- Aladdin Ships Faster StuffIt Expander 5.1
- Connectix Wins First Round of Sony Lawsuit
- KeyQuencer 2.5.5 Offers Mac OS 8.5 Compatibility
- eMediaweekly Folds After Five Months
- Tools We Use: Desktop Resetter
- Elementary, My Dear Sherlock