Virtual PC 2.1.2 Adds USB Support -- Connectix has released a minor update to Virtual PC that should be welcome for owners of iMacs and the new Power Macintosh G3 machines who run Windows in emulation. The free update enables Virtual PC to identify the Imation USB SuperDisk and VST USB Floppy Drive correctly, plus lets the Hard Drive Expander utility detect if a hard drive disk image is part of a saved state. The updater is a 612K download. [JLC]
Close Word Comments Easily
If you don't like how precisely you must mouse in Microsoft Word 2008 to delete comment balloons, note that you can Control-click (right-click) a balloon to pop up a contextual menu. From the menu choose Delete Comment, and you're done.
Also, to get rid of all comments at once, choose Tools > Customize Keyboard and set up a keyboard shortcut to go with the DeleteAllComments command, available in the Tools category. Oddly, there's no Delete Comment keyboard customization option that I can find.
Published in TidBITS 466.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Norton Utilities for Macintosh Updated to 4.0.3
- Extensis Rescuing Suitcase
- PowerBook Patch Prevents Power Pops
- Aladdin Ships Faster StuffIt Expander 5.1
- Connectix Wins First Round of Sony Lawsuit
- KeyQuencer 2.5.5 Offers Mac OS 8.5 Compatibility
- eMediaweekly Folds After Five Months
- Tools We Use: Desktop Resetter
- Elementary, My Dear Sherlock
Virtual PC 2.1.2 Adds USB Support
to your own drives, computers, and online with unlimited storage.
With unlimited online backup, this is one resolution you can keep.
Save 10% and back up your life today! <http://tid.bl.it/cptidbits>