Aladdin Ships Faster StuffIt Expander 5.1 -- Faced with competition from MindVision's new MindExpander, a preview release of which can expand a number of formats, including MacBinary, BinHex, and StuffIt 4.x, Aladdin Systems has responded by updating StuffIt Expander to version 5.1. New in StuffIt Expander 5.1 are integrated support for Zip, Gzip, and uuencoded files (those formats previously required the commercial StuffIt Engine); significant performance increases over 5.0; the elimination of the need for external files; access to Internet Config settings; support for helper applications for unknown file types; and a smaller file size. If you're a registered user of StuffIt Deluxe 4.x or DropStuff 4.x, make sure to read Aladdin's notes about how to continue to use those older versions with StuffIt Expander 5.1. StuffIt Expander is a 424K download. [ACE]
View Smart Folder Criteria
Smart Folders, folders that contain the results of a Finder search, typically display without the original search criteria listed. However, you can see the search criteria by selecting Show Search Criteria from the window's Action menu (the gear icon). Additionally, any edits to a smart folder's criteria will automatically be listed the next time you open the folder.
Visit MacTipster blog
Published in TidBITS 466.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Norton Utilities for Macintosh Updated to 4.0.3
- Extensis Rescuing Suitcase
- PowerBook Patch Prevents Power Pops
- Virtual PC 2.1.2 Adds USB Support
- Connectix Wins First Round of Sony Lawsuit
- KeyQuencer 2.5.5 Offers Mac OS 8.5 Compatibility
- eMediaweekly Folds After Five Months
- Tools We Use: Desktop Resetter
- Elementary, My Dear Sherlock