MasterJuggler Catches Mac OS 8.5 Compatibility -- Alsoft has released a free update to its font-management utility MasterJuggler, fixing a few incompatibilities with Mac OS 8.5. The MasterJuggler Pro 2.0.2 Update fixes a problem when Font Guardian (a component that examines the reliability of font resources) was set to scan when the Mac is started up. This update also corrects minor glitches related to selecting items from MasterJuggler's pop-up menus. See "Font Outfitters" in TidBITS-334 for a comparison of MasterJuggler and Suitcase 3.0. The 2.0.2 updater is a 350K download. [JLC]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Font Outfitters (24 Jun 96)
MasterJuggler Catches Mac OS 8.5 Compatibility
Automatic’s connected car adapter with iPhone apps on
Automatic’s platform, drivers are able to drive safer and smarter.
TidBITS readers get 20% off all orders at <http://automatic.com/tb>