New Palm Handhelds Released -- Palm Computing has unveiled two new handheld devices, the Palm IIIx and Palm V, available now. The Palm IIIx ($370) retains the Palm III's curved form factor but includes 4 MB of RAM (plus 2 MB of flash ROM), a much-improved screen with better contrast and readability, and an internal expansion slot for future memory upgrades or add-on devices like pager cards. The Palm V ($450), aimed at style-conscious users, comes in a smaller, thinner anodized aluminum case and includes the improved screen, software-based contrast control, 2 MB of RAM (plus 2 MB flash ROM), built-in rechargeable lithium ion batteries, and two stylus silos to accommodate right- and left-handed users. [JLC]
Edit Last Expanded Snippet in TextExpander
Sometimes you expand a snippet and realize you need to make some changes. Instead of opening TextExpander and tracking down the snippet, use the Edit Last Expanded Snippet hotkey. Once you press your hotkey combination, a window opens to let you edit and save your the last snippet you expanded.
Take the time to set your Edit Last Expanded Snippet hotkey in TextExpander's preferences, and you'll save time in the long run!
Other articles in the series Reading the Palm
- Palm m505: A Slightly Dim Bulb (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Releases Palm m125 Organizer (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Desktop Marks Return of a Familiar Organizer (01 Mar 99)
- Palm Shows More in Hand at Expo (18 Jan 99)
- Mac Palm Desktop Beta Arrives with Palm VII News (07 Dec 98)
- PalmPilot Upgrade Card Problematic for Mac Users (22 Jun 98)
- Palm Organizer for Macintosh: Details Emerge (01 Jun 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 3: The Best Gadgets Are... Toys? (09 Feb 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 2: Power in Your Pocket (19 Jan 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 1: Hopelessly Devoted (05 Jan 98)