New Palm Handhelds Released -- Palm Computing has unveiled two new handheld devices, the Palm IIIx and Palm V, available now. The Palm IIIx ($370) retains the Palm III's curved form factor but includes 4 MB of RAM (plus 2 MB of flash ROM), a much-improved screen with better contrast and readability, and an internal expansion slot for future memory upgrades or add-on devices like pager cards. The Palm V ($450), aimed at style-conscious users, comes in a smaller, thinner anodized aluminum case and includes the improved screen, software-based contrast control, 2 MB of RAM (plus 2 MB flash ROM), built-in rechargeable lithium ion batteries, and two stylus silos to accommodate right- and left-handed users. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Other articles in the series Reading the Palm
- Palm m505: A Slightly Dim Bulb (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Releases Palm m125 Organizer (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Desktop Marks Return of a Familiar Organizer (01 Mar 99)
- Palm Shows More in Hand at Expo (18 Jan 99)
- Mac Palm Desktop Beta Arrives with Palm VII News (07 Dec 98)
- PalmPilot Upgrade Card Problematic for Mac Users (22 Jun 98)
- Palm Organizer for Macintosh: Details Emerge (01 Jun 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 3: The Best Gadgets Are... Toys? (09 Feb 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 2: Power in Your Pocket (19 Jan 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 1: Hopelessly Devoted (05 Jan 98)