Default Folder 3.0.1 Complements Nav Services -- St. Clair Software's utility for enhancing Open and Save dialog boxes, Default Folder 3.0.1, adds support for Apple's Navigation Services as well as a handful of other improvements. Unlike Action Files (see "Action Files 1.2 Usurps Nav Services" in TidBITS-467), which disables Nav Services in favor of its own interface, Default Folder incorporates its navigation and utility features into both Navigation Services and old-style Open and Save dialogs. Another improvement is the capability to click and hold outside an Open or Save dialog box to view a pop-up menu containing a list of all open Finder windows; selecting one opens that folder in the dialog. Default Folder 3.0 is $25 shareware, or $15 if you're upgrading a copy bought before 31-Jan-98; owners who purchased after 31-Jan-98 can upgrade for free. The installer is a 870K download. If you downloaded Default Folder 3.0, you'll want the 3.0.1 version that fixes a few bugs discovered in the first days following the 3.0 release. [JLC]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Action Files 1.2 Usurps Nav Services (15 Feb 99)
Default Folder 3.0.1 Complements Nav Services
power of fill-ins and use formatted text on your iPad and iPhone.
Sync your snippets with TextExpander for Mac via Dropbox.
The best way to save time typing on iOS! <http://bit.ly/YXEtZ8>