Mailsmith 1.1.3 Update from Bare Bones -- Bare Bones Software has released version 1.1.3 of Mailsmith, their sophisticated POP and SMTP email program. Version 1.1.3 includes a new POP Monitor window that enables users to download or delete messages selectively from a remote POP server, enhanced manipulation of quoted text in messages, improvements to Mailsmith's mail storage database, and an assortment of interface enhancements and feature additions (a full list of changes is available). The Mailsmith 1.1.3 updater is a 3 MB download, free to current Mailsmith owners. Mailsmith costs $79 directly from Bare Bones, although BBEdit and BBEdit Lite users as well as owners of Qualcomm's Eudora or Claris Emailer can take advantage of a $59 discounted price. You can download a free Mailsmith demo (3.6 MB) from the Bare Bones Web site. [GD]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software