iMacs Rise to 333 MHz -- Apple Computer has announced new iMacs featuring 333 MHz PowerPC G3 processors. The systems are essentially unchanged from the 266 MHz models unveiled last January and share their $1,199 suggested price along with 512K of backside cache, 32 MB of RAM, a 6 GB hard disk, a 24x CD-ROM drive, 10/100Base-T Ethernet, an ATI Rage Pro Turbo graphics controller with 6 MB of video memory, and a 56 Kbps modem. Apple is touting the 333 MHz iMac as a premier gaming machine with "Pentium-toasting" performance, and the higher clock speed should help consumers' perception of iMacs as compared to PCs with even higher clock speeds. The new systems are available immediately from dealers and the online Apple store. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.