HouseCall PowerPC-Only -- When we mentioned Netopia's new HouseCall remote control product in TidBITS-483, we said it would work with a 68040 processor, based on information from Netopia. In fact, HouseCall only supports PowerPC-based systems running Mac OS 8.1 or better. Netopia has updated their product description - we apologize for any confusion. [GD]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Timbuktu Pro 5.0 & HouseCall (31 May 99)
Published in TidBITS 484.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and