HouseCall PowerPC-Only -- When we mentioned Netopia's new HouseCall remote control product in TidBITS-483, we said it would work with a 68040 processor, based on information from Netopia. In fact, HouseCall only supports PowerPC-based systems running Mac OS 8.1 or better. Netopia has updated their product description - we apologize for any confusion. [GD]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Timbuktu Pro 5.0 & HouseCall (31 May 99)