AutoShare 4.0 Released -- Four years after releasing version 1.0, Mikael Hansen has released version 4.0 of AutoShare, his freeware mailing list manager and email auto-responder. New in AutoShare 4.0 are support for Sophisticated Circuits' Rebound crash recovery device, several new AppleScript commands, and most important, the capability for AutoShare to enable Web-based subscriber administration by acting as a CGI program. AutoShare 4.0 requires either Eudora Internet Mail Server or Stalker Internet Mail Server 1.2.1 or later and is a 3 MB download. [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 484.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
AutoShare 4.0 Released
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and