Blue & White G3s Speed to 450 MHz -- Apple has introduced revisions to its blue and white Power Macintosh G3 computers that sport processor speeds from 350 to 450 MHz and come with Mac OS 8.6. Apple claims the 450 MHz G3 offers up to 23 percent better performance than the previous top-of-the-line 400 MHz systems. Apple also introduced two new blue and white G3 server systems sporting one to three 9 GB Ultra-2 SCSI drives, and either Mac OS X Server or AppleShare IP 6.2 with Mac OS 8.6. The new systems are available immediately from Apple's online store. [GD]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree