Blue & White G3s Speed to 450 MHz -- Apple has introduced revisions to its blue and white Power Macintosh G3 computers that sport processor speeds from 350 to 450 MHz and come with Mac OS 8.6. Apple claims the 450 MHz G3 offers up to 23 percent better performance than the previous top-of-the-line 400 MHz systems. Apple also introduced two new blue and white G3 server systems sporting one to three 9 GB Ultra-2 SCSI drives, and either Mac OS X Server or AppleShare IP 6.2 with Mac OS 8.6. The new systems are available immediately from Apple's online store. [GD]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software