TidBITS Available in Russian -- Thanks to the diligent efforts of Leif Halvard Silli, Zoia Nikolskaia, and a few others, you can now read TidBITS in Russian. Several issues are available on the Web now, and if you want to receive future Russian issues in email, send a message to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Please help spread the word to other Russian-speaking Macintosh users! Leif and Zoia can also use additional translation help, so if you'd like to volunteer, check out the Web site for details and contact information. [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software