ATI Video Update Fixes Crashes -- Apple has released ATI Video Software Update 1.0, which corrects a few crashing problems with recent Power Macintosh, PowerBook, and iMac models containing ATI RAGE graphics accelerators. The update fixes a system freeze problem on Macs with processor speeds higher than 400 MHz using screen resolutions of 1280 by 1024 pixels, and also when using a high resolution monitor set to display millions of colors. Some applications that crashed when scrolling will operate normally after applying the update. ATI Video Software Update 1.0 is a 1.2 MB download. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.