Power On Nabs Now PIMs and Eudora Planner -- In a continuing quest to resurrect Now Software's suite of software, Power On Software announced today that they have licensed Now Contact and Now Up-to-Date from Qualcomm, plus acquired the rights to Eudora Planner. Support for the Now products, still in use by thousands of Mac users, had all but disappeared, and the Mac version of Eudora Planner has remained mired in beta status. Power On promises immediate updates to both Now products for compatibility with current versions of the Mac OS, though expected release dates were not revealed. [JLC]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact Are Now Up to Date (03 Jan 00)
Power On Nabs Now PIMs and Eudora Planner
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>