Power On Nabs Now PIMs and Eudora Planner -- In a continuing quest to resurrect Now Software's suite of software, Power On Software announced today that they have licensed Now Contact and Now Up-to-Date from Qualcomm, plus acquired the rights to Eudora Planner. Support for the Now products, still in use by thousands of Mac users, had all but disappeared, and the Mac version of Eudora Planner has remained mired in beta status. Power On promises immediate updates to both Now products for compatibility with current versions of the Mac OS, though expected release dates were not revealed. [JLC]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact Are Now Up to Date (03 Jan 00)