PhotoGIF 3.5 Improves Color Processing -- BoxTop Software has updated PhotoGIF to version 3.5, improving the GIF-creation utility's core color reduction algorithms and revamping its PhotoGIF Filter component. (See "Crunch GIFs Quickly with PhotoGIF" in TidBITS-479.) The update also features a rewritten manual and tighter integration between its components. PhotoGIF 3.5 is a 1.3 MB download and is free for users of PhotoGIF 3.0 and later; otherwise the utility costs $70. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Make PDFpen Your Default PDF Viewer
Want to open all your PDFs with PDFpen, rather than Preview or Adobe Reader? Follow these steps:
- Locate a PDF document in the Finder.
- Control-click the document.
- From the menu, choose Get Info.
- Scroll down the Get Info window to the Open with... pop-up menu.
- Choose PDFpen.
- Click Change All...
- Crunch GIFs Quickly with PhotoGIF (03 May 99)