BBEdit 5.1.1 Update Available -- Bare Bones Software has released a 2.4 MB BBEdit 5.1.1 update. The update enhances BBEdit's ToolServer support, enables scripted multi-file search and replace operations, improves window management, and squashes a number of bugs and cosmetic issues. BBEdit 5.1.1 also fixes some errors soft wrapping text or spell checking documents, and correctly carries user-defined key commands forward from previous versions of BBEdit. Bare Bones has posted a complete list of changes in BBEdit 5.1.1 on their Web site. [GD]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software