DataViz Offers More Documents to Go for Palms -- DataViz has released version 2.002 of Documents to Go, its utility for viewing word processing and spreadsheet documents on Palm handheld devices. (We first mentioned Documents to Go in "Palm Desktop Marks Return of a Familiar Organizer" in TidBITS-469.) The update, which is available for both Macintosh and Windows editions of the software, adds the capability to create, edit, and delete bookmarks within spreadsheets and word processing files, including support for Word 98's Insert Bookmark command on the Mac. The Macintosh version also now reads AppleWorks/ClarisWorks 5 documents, supports AppleScript, and provides a contextual menu item for adding new documents without having to launch the Documents to Go application. The upgrade is free for registered users, and is a 4.9 MB download. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard