Maxum Updates NetCloak, Rumpus, & PageSentry -- Maxum Development has released updates to three of its Internet server tools, NetCloak, Rumpus, and PageSentry. NetCloak is the longest-standing tool for processing Web forms and creating dynamic functionality on Mac OS Web servers; version 3.0.2 improves NetCloak's processing of incoming mail and handling of international data. Version 1.3.3 of Maxum's well-regarded FTP server Rumpus gains the capability to move files between directories and corrects a rare problem launching on particular systems. PageSentry is a standalone program designed to monitor Internet servers and take specific actions - like sending an email message, calling a pager, running a script - in case they stop responding. PageSentry 2.5.2 rolls in a number of bug fixes and includes audible warnings when servers fail to respond. All these updates are free to registered users and include a revised validation mechanism which should make future upgrades easier. [GD]
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
Published in TidBITS 501.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9 to Be Released 23-Oct-99
- Palm Desktop 2.5 Expands HotSync & USB Support
- Symantec Ships NAV 6.0 and NUM 5.0
- Poll Results: StuffIt Expander 5 Wins
- Quiz Preview: Apple's International Market
- Jobs Splits iMac Line over Digital Video
- Precision Web Pages with Style Master
- That MP3eaceful, Easy Feeling, Part 2
Maxum Updates NetCloak, Rumpus, & PageSentry
to your own drives, computers, and online with unlimited storage.
With unlimited online backup, this is one resolution you can keep.
Save 10% and back up your life today! <http://tid.bl.it/cptidbits>