Maxum Updates NetCloak, Rumpus, & PageSentry -- Maxum Development has released updates to three of its Internet server tools, NetCloak, Rumpus, and PageSentry. NetCloak is the longest-standing tool for processing Web forms and creating dynamic functionality on Mac OS Web servers; version 3.0.2 improves NetCloak's processing of incoming mail and handling of international data. Version 1.3.3 of Maxum's well-regarded FTP server Rumpus gains the capability to move files between directories and corrects a rare problem launching on particular systems. PageSentry is a standalone program designed to monitor Internet servers and take specific actions - like sending an email message, calling a pager, running a script - in case they stop responding. PageSentry 2.5.2 rolls in a number of bug fixes and includes audible warnings when servers fail to respond. All these updates are free to registered users and include a revised validation mechanism which should make future upgrades easier. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the TidBITS Content Network for Apple consultants.
Published in TidBITS 501.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9 to Be Released 23-Oct-99
- Palm Desktop 2.5 Expands HotSync & USB Support
- Symantec Ships NAV 6.0 and NUM 5.0
- Poll Results: StuffIt Expander 5 Wins
- Quiz Preview: Apple's International Market
- Jobs Splits iMac Line over Digital Video
- Precision Web Pages with Style Master
- That MP3eaceful, Easy Feeling, Part 2