Poll Results: StuffIt Expander 5 Wins -- In the first poll after introducing our new poll and quiz capabilities, we asked what utility you used to decode files from the Internet. We were curious to what extent StuffIt Expander 5.x, which is necessary to expand the new StuffIt 5.0 file format, had replaced previous versions. We also wanted to see if MindVision's upstart MindExpander had acquired a significant share of the market since its recent official release. Results from the more than 1,700 responses surprised us slightly - we hadn't expected StuffIt Expander 5.x to rack up more than 75 percent of the vote. StuffIt Expander 4.x pulled 14 percent, and MindExpander managed 4 percent. Only a few people use StuffIt Expander 3.0, Compact Pro, or other utilities. Again, these results aren't scientific but still prove fascinating. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the TidBITS Content Network for Apple consultants.
Published in TidBITS 501.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9 to Be Released 23-Oct-99
- Palm Desktop 2.5 Expands HotSync & USB Support
- Symantec Ships NAV 6.0 and NUM 5.0
- Maxum Updates NetCloak, Rumpus, & PageSentry
- Quiz Preview: Apple's International Market
- Jobs Splits iMac Line over Digital Video
- Precision Web Pages with Style Master
- That MP3eaceful, Easy Feeling, Part 2