Quiz Results: Apple's International Sales -- Last week's quiz testing your knowledge of the percentage of Apple's sales from countries other than the United States was tripped up by Apple's mid-week announcement of quarterly results. In Apple's third fiscal quarter of the year, international sales accounted for 45 percent of Apple's sales, but in the just-closed fourth quarter, that percentage dropped to 35 percent. The drop was likely related to Apple's availability problems with the iBook and Power Mac G4 machines, and perhaps to increased education sales, which come primarily in the U.S. Roughly 45 percent of readers knew the "correct" answer, with 32 percent guessing high and 22 percent guessing low. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software