Quiz Results: Apple's International Sales -- Last week's quiz testing your knowledge of the percentage of Apple's sales from countries other than the United States was tripped up by Apple's mid-week announcement of quarterly results. In Apple's third fiscal quarter of the year, international sales accounted for 45 percent of Apple's sales, but in the just-closed fourth quarter, that percentage dropped to 35 percent. The drop was likely related to Apple's availability problems with the iBook and Power Mac G4 machines, and perhaps to increased education sales, which come primarily in the U.S. Roughly 45 percent of readers knew the "correct" answer, with 32 percent guessing high and 22 percent guessing low. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.