MasterJuggler Pro Tracks More Fonts -- Alsoft has released two new versions of its font management utility MasterJuggler Pro to provide Mac OS 9 compatibility and expand the number of fonts that can be opened simultaneously. MasterJuggler Pro 2.0.3, a 426K download, is a free update that provides only Mac OS 9 compatibility. MasterJuggler Pro 2.1 takes advantage of Mac OS 9's capability to have more than 348 open files by supporting up to 1,200 open font suitcases. The 2.1 upgrade costs $18 (actually $13 plus a $5 processing fee) for owners of MasterJuggler Pro 2.0 and later. However, the update is available only on floppy disk, a questionable move considering that no current Macintosh computers ship with floppy drives. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.