Aladdin Systems Goes Public -- In an unusual event in the Macintosh industry, Aladdin Systems, makers of the StuffIt family of compression products and numerous other Mac utilities, has gone public via a "reverse merger," which involves a private company merging with a dormant public company so its shares can be traded on public stock exchanges. Reverse mergers are generally easier, less expensive, and result in less-diluted stock than IPOs (initial public offerings). Aladdin Holdings, Inc., the parent company of which Aladdin Systems, Inc. is now a wholly owned subsidiary, is listed under the ticker symbol ALHI and currently trading at about $5 per share. Going public should increase Aladdin's valuation, give them greater access to capital, and enable them to use stock to acquire other products or companies - a strategy Aladdin has used of late to increase its product lineup. [ACE]
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Aladdin Purchased, Becomes Allume, Sponsors TidBITS (16 Aug 04)
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS (06 Dec 99)