Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS -- We're pleased to welcome our latest sponsor, Aladdin Systems, the long-standing Macintosh company best known for the StuffIt family of programs. Aladdin went through a rough patch several years ago, culminating in the jerky release of the new StuffIt 5.0 format last year, which added better compression and made StuffIt archives fully cross-platform. Since then, though, the company has been firing on all cylinders, releasing fixes and upgrades to the StuffIt 5.0 products, bringing out new programs like MacTicker, and becoming publicly traded. The future may bring increased competition from MindVision, whose MindExpander took aim at StuffIt Expander recently. But Aladdin thrived on competition from DiskDoubler and Compact Pro back in the early 1990s, and new competition can only help move the compression market forward more quickly. We're happy to have Aladdin on board, and we wish them well as they continue to offer new and upgraded Macintosh utilities. [ACE]
View Smart Folder Criteria
Smart Folders, folders that contain the results of a Finder search, typically display without the original search criteria listed. However, you can see the search criteria by selecting Show Search Criteria from the window's Action menu (the gear icon). Additionally, any edits to a smart folder's criteria will automatically be listed the next time you open the folder.
Visit MacTipster blog
- Aladdin Updates StuffIt Line for Mac OS 9 (22 Nov 99)
- Aladdin Systems Goes Public (01 Nov 99)
- MindVision Offers Expansion Option with MindExpander (27 Sep 99)
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1
- StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- MacLaunch Web Portal Launches
- Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas
- Poll Results: A Mouse in the House
- Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1