Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade -- Quark, Inc. has begun shipping its free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade to registered users of QuarkXPress 4.0. The new version improves support for creating and importing PDF files, boosts QuarkXPress's HTML text exporting capabilities, and bundles several new XTensions. QuarkXPress 4.1 also includes QuarkLink, a feature that allows you to access the QuarkTech Knowledge Base and online support forums (via a Web browser), plus send email to Quark's customer service and tech support. Whether QuarkLink turns out to be a useful feature for users or just a glorified set of Web and email links remains to be seen. Registered users should expect their 4.1 Upgrade CD-ROM before the end of the year; the update cannot be downloaded. [JLC]
Open Recent Office 2008 Docs by Date
Office 2008 applications like Word and Excel now list recently opened documents on a File > Open Recent submenu. Choose More from that menu, and you'll get a multifunction Project Gallery dialog. Click the Recent button at the top and then select a date range in the Dates list to find files that were last opened today, yesterday, earlier in the week, last week, and so forth. (The Settings pane in the Project Gallery dialog lets you set how many recently opened files show in the File > Open Recent submenu.)
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1
- StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- MacLaunch Web Portal Launches
- Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas
- Poll Results: A Mouse in the House
- Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1