Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade -- Quark, Inc. has begun shipping its free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade to registered users of QuarkXPress 4.0. The new version improves support for creating and importing PDF files, boosts QuarkXPress's HTML text exporting capabilities, and bundles several new XTensions. QuarkXPress 4.1 also includes QuarkLink, a feature that allows you to access the QuarkTech Knowledge Base and online support forums (via a Web browser), plus send email to Quark's customer service and tech support. Whether QuarkLink turns out to be a useful feature for users or just a glorified set of Web and email links remains to be seen. Registered users should expect their 4.1 Upgrade CD-ROM before the end of the year; the update cannot be downloaded. [JLC]
Adding Links in Snow Leopard's Mail
Apple Mail in Snow Leopard now has a Command-key shortcut for adding a link to an email.
If you use plain-text email, this will not be helpful at all, but if you send styled email, it's a nice shortcut for adding URLs to your email messages. Simply select the word(s) you want to make into a link, press Command-K, and enter the URL to build into the link.
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1
- StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- MacLaunch Web Portal Launches
- Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas
- Poll Results: A Mouse in the House
- Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1