UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1 -- UserLand's Web site management and scripting system Frontier 6.0 was described in TidBITS-476; version 6.1 adds many technical improvements, but its most significant innovation is Manila, UserLand's new content management system. Manila is laid on top of existing Frontier features, but you don't have to have much (or any) understanding of those features to use Manila, because it is self-contained at the server end; at the client end, you just use a Web browser to create and edit Web pages. As a demonstration, UserLand has set up a public Manila server, allowing any participant in the UserLand public discussion group to make a Web site, hosted at UserLand, using only a browser. [MAN]
Easy Fetch Upload
If you want to upload an open file (e.g. in Photoshop or BBEdit) to a remote server via the Fetch FTP client, you can use drag-and drop without switching to the Finder. Just drag the small document icon in the window title bar to a Fetch window. If the icon won't drag, make sure the file is saved.
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- MacLaunch Web Portal Launches
- Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas
- Poll Results: A Mouse in the House
- Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1