StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade -- StarNine Technologies has released ListSTAR 2.0, a long-awaited upgrade to the company's flexible mailing list manager and email auto-responder (which we use to distribute TidBITS each week - see "The Big Mailing List Move" in TidBITS-337 and "Not Your Grampa's Mailing List" in TidBITS-420). Improvements in ListSTAR 2.0 include a PowerPC-native application, the capability to use secondary IP addresses (which lets you run certain other mail servers like WebSTAR Mail or Eudora Internet Mail Server on the same machine), integrated ListSTAR Template scripts, and better compatibility with current versions of AppleScript. However, ListSTAR 2.0 is SMTP-only, and StarNine has discontinued support for older versions that were dependent on separate mail servers, including ListSTAR/POP. Users of ListSTAR/SMTP 1.x can upgrade for free and use their existing serial numbers with ListSTAR 2.0; owners of other versions of ListSTAR 1.x should call StarNine sales for serial number information. New copies of ListSTAR 2.0 cost $295, require a 68030 or later with System 7.5 or later, and at least 4 MB of RAM for the application. A fully functional evaluation version is available as a 2.4 MB download. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- MacLaunch Web Portal Launches
- Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas
- Poll Results: A Mouse in the House
- Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1
StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
Experience pro-level features like iCloud Drive, palm protection,
a new easy-to-use iOS 8 interface and more! Get full-featured PDF
editing power in a mobile app today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen2-ios-tb>