MacLaunch Web Portal Launches -- After an extensive beta period, MacLaunch has opened its Macintosh-specific portal Web site to the general public, offering a range of common portal features with a Mac-centric approach. Services include free email and Web space, discussion groups, software updates, stock tracking, shopping, faxing of Web pages, chats, and more, along with Macintosh news from a variety of sources, including TidBITS. Although none of MacLaunch's services are particularly unique (most of them being provided by partner sites), the breadth of the collection is impressive and might make MacLaunch a useful starting point for Mac-centric surfing. [ACE]
Mighty Mouse as Application Switcher
Looking for an easier way to switch between multiple applications? Within Keyboard and Mouse Preferences under System Preferences, you can configure the scroll wheel to act as an Application Switcher. Press the scroll button to bring up Application Switcher, scroll to toggle to the application you want, and hit the scroll button again to switch. You can also double-click the scroll button to quickly switch to the previously active application.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1
- StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas
- Poll Results: A Mouse in the House
- Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1