Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas -- In preparation for our 1999 TidBITS holiday gift issue, we want to know which Macintosh-related gifts you're planning to buy for friends and family (or hoping that they'll buy for you!). We'll collate the responses and roll the best into a special TidBITS Gift Issue this month. Like last year, we're gathering suggestions using TidBITS Talk, so send your suggestion to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. We've already initiated gift-related threads you may want to check out for ideas and categories. Please send only one item per message, include a URL or other contact information, and please recommend only others' products. We're looking forward to your ideas! [JLC]
Expand Finder Columns Quickly
Column view in the Finder is great for navigating through your disk's hierarchy, but the columns often aren't wide enough to show the full names of all the files. To expand a column to a width that will show all file names in their entirety, double-click the handle that you would normally drag to expand or shrink the column. To expand all the visible columns to that width, Option-double-click the handle.
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1
- StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- MacLaunch Web Portal Launches
- Poll Results: A Mouse in the House
- Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1