Send Us Your 1999 Gift Ideas -- In preparation for our 1999 TidBITS holiday gift issue, we want to know which Macintosh-related gifts you're planning to buy for friends and family (or hoping that they'll buy for you!). We'll collate the responses and roll the best into a special TidBITS Gift Issue this month. Like last year, we're gathering suggestions using TidBITS Talk, so send your suggestion to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. We've already initiated gift-related threads you may want to check out for ideas and categories. Please send only one item per message, include a URL or other contact information, and please recommend only others' products. We're looking forward to your ideas! [JLC]
Track Bandwidth Use with VirusBarrier X6
If you have monthly bandwidth limits, it's useful to know how much data you have used so far to avoid overage charges or being shut off by your ISP. But how do you determine how much data your Mac has transferred? Open VirusBarrier X6's Traffic window to see both current and cumulative traffic, and you can also create warnings when your data usage - incoming, outgoing, or both - exceeds an amount you specify.
Published in TidBITS 508.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Aladdin Systems Sponsoring TidBITS
- Apple Revs G4s, Adds Digital Video Options
- Free QuarkXPress 4.1 Upgrade
- Office 98 Update for Mac OS 9
- UserLand Releases Frontier 6.1
- StarNine Releases Free ListSTAR 2.0 Upgrade
- Trexar Improves Privacy with MacWasher
- MacLaunch Web Portal Launches
- Poll Results: A Mouse in the House
- Poll Preview: Smile and Say "Pixel"
- Working Off the Beaten Track
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1